Peaceful Families


Learning to be a parent can be challenging and rewarding. I discovered that living with a child can be like being thrown around in an emotional washing machine. Regardless of all my advances in learning to be with myself and to extend compassion to others, I soon learned that raising a child required additional personal resources. It just wasn't enough to have unconditional love and a heart of compassion, I needed real skills in relating to my daughter. I realized that being a parent was not a natural gift, so becoming a parent has been a gradual evolution that continues to teach me about personal integrity and respect for my daughter.

One of my valuable resources is a practice of communication developed by Marshall Rosenberg, which he calls "non-violent communication" (NVC). It is a style of communication and consciousness to promote connection, compassion, and peace in relationships. Among other things, the Bay NVC group has a program for peaceful families.

Blessings,
Darren Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment

YUMMY WORDS


“Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.”

~ Rainer Maria Rilke


“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”

~ Leo F. Buscaglia