SHUTTER RELEASE 1.0

Once or twice a month I'll get the urge to strap on my camera and look around for something interesting to photograph.

I used to always carry my camera/s with me everywhere I went but now, as a responsible parent, its become more important to keep my hands on the wheel rather than my finger on the shutter.

So when I do head out to prowl around for a few decent images I tend to lean more towards art than journalism.

"ART" meaning a simple, relaxed act of quiet self expression and escapism.

CLICK

It's good for my soul (whatever that means).

Marinwood Leaves

I grew up in New England. Four TRUE seasons. Fall was my favorite. Cool crisp air, wonderful apples and TONS of colorful leaves.

I remember watching and waiting for the leaves to fall. It was always a lucky rush to get to see one break free and follow it as it glided down to the ground.

When I saw these Marinwood leaves, so beautifully back lit by the late afternoon sun, it triggered a WOW response. You know, one of those faint connections to the past.

Fortunately it happened to be one of those days that I had my camera with me.

So I tried to do them justice.

Please CLICK on photo to view full size
Post and Photo by Marc Finkel

No comments:

Post a Comment

YUMMY WORDS


“Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.”

~ Rainer Maria Rilke


“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”

~ Leo F. Buscaglia