EARTH WEEK: DAY FOUR

"We must rapidly begin the shift from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society." Martin Luther King Jr.

Earth Day Clothing Swap

Rethinking the way that we live is the single most important act that any of us can make. When we begin to question why we make purchases, where we make purchases, how we purchase what we need, and what we are purchasing––we begin a solution minded, thoughtful living existence that feels gooooooooood.


Clothing swaps, freecycle programs, sharing, bartering, and trading all force us to connect with one another more and connections breed yummy things.

Some thoughtful investments that we can make:

* very high quality, long-lifetime goods

* locally made goods

* locally available or recycled building materials
* low toxicity goods and furnishings
* locally grown, organic food

* self-sufficient lifestyle products

No comments:

Post a Comment

YUMMY WORDS


“Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.”

~ Rainer Maria Rilke


“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”

~ Leo F. Buscaglia