There's an image that has been with me a lot lately. You know the Verizon Wireless ads for America's largest and most reliable network? The
one that's always with you; the
crowd of support at your heels?

Yes, that one. Only instead, I keep picturing a network of reliable parents, following me around everywhere--and I kind of like it.
In the morning when I'm fixing breakfast, packing lunches, feeding animals, providing intermittent crisis management and trying to get dressed, I suddenly flash on every parent I know doing the exact same thing at the exact same moment. Then, during one of my superb parenting moments I picture everyone wildly cheering for me; and with my inevitable flops, I picture everyone nodding with loving understanding.
So, if it's alright with you, I'm going to save these images,––because they're helping me, at a very busy time, to take it all a little more lightly. My life: it's crazy; it's relentless; and it's beautifully not just mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment